The ENSBA Collection

The ENSBA Collection was initially inherited from the Royal Academy of Painting and Sculpture founded in 1648 by Louis XIV ; it grew over time thanks to Beaux Arts competitions, paintings, drawings and sculpture from the Académie de France in Rome and, since the mid-nineteenth century, gifts and donations. Today, the Collection comprises some 450,000 works divided into specialized collections: manuscripts, books, photography, paintings, sculpture, drawings, architectural drawings, prints and engravings. Art historians the world over come to ENSBA to study the works displayed in the Lesoufaché room.

Access terms

The Collection is open to researchers, connoisseurs, graduate and undergraduate students and professionals.

Graphic arts, architectural drawings, paintings and sculpture may be consulted by appointment only.

Lending terms

On site consultation only.

The ENSBA Collection

Contact and localisation

14 rue Bonaparte
75006 Paris
+33 (0)1 47 03 54 35


Mon., Wed., Fri.: 1:30 - 5:30 pm
Closed: Easter week, August, two weeks at Christmas

Service and equipment