École nationale des chartes Library
The École nationale des chartes Library holds 150,000 volumes, 1,200 periodical titles including 670 currently published titles, as well as a large collection of monographs, essential source publications and materials. The collection covers the École's core disciplines: French history, diplomatic history, paleography, Latin and Ancient Roman philology, the history of books, bibliography and codicology, the history of law, archeology, and art history. The collection is primarily devoted to the medieval period.
Within the limits of available reading room space, the library is open to:
- ENC students, faculty, researchers and staff
- URFIST and CTHS personnel
- PhD candidates, university faculty and researchers in the field of the humanities and social sciences
- Master's students in the field of social sciences, on reasoned request
- Archive, library, museum library and publishing staff and professionals